Monday, December 15, 2008

Apologies

I apologize for the lack of posting recently. I've been focusing on getting my applications for graduate school completed (I hate writing about myself, selling myself is not my strong suit), working on a paper that I am presenting with two other graduate students at the fast approaching SPSA conference, and getting ready for Christmas. My to-do list is a full two column, 10 font page and I am already behind. To cap it off I have misplaced my camera.  Hopefully I locate it soon as I have lots to show you.  B did take a few pictures for me, so as soon as he uploads and sends them to me I'll have a post for you. In the meantime, if any of you have restaurant suggestions for New Orleans I would be much obliged, I'll be down there for the conference next month.

Upcoming recipes will include at least a couple that incorporate persimmons.  We have a tree and we just harvested pretty much the whole thing, and although I am keeping quite a few we are also giving a boatload away.  Ours are the more versatile Fuyu variety that can be eaten either firm or soft.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've recently fallen in love with persimmons, but I still haven't been able to try the Fuyu variety yet. They sound amazing!

Bethany said...

New orleans will be fun.

good luck on your applications. I also hate writing about myself. but I guess selling yourself is one of those dreaded skills that are important.

the persimmon looks amazing. it's really cool that you have a tree.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

No need to apologize! Application time is UUUUBER stressful! Good luck :o).

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Yes, the pop of canning! I know exactly what you speak of!