Monday, January 5, 2009

Oy Vey!

I came down hard with B's cold on New Year's Eve. Way to usher in the new year huh? We were a sight to behold, sprawled on the couch surrounded by tea mugs, snotty tissues, tangerine peels, and kitties. Can you say p-a-r-t-y! :)  I'm still not feeling fantastic, but I'm working hard at getting better by Wednesday!

In other news, I still can't find my camera and I feel like a blogger who has lost her voice. I mean, I can just describe food to you I suppose, but let's be honest, everyone wants pictures. So I will continue the hunt. Ideally I want to find it before Wednesday so I can take it with me!  If I actually find vegan food in New Orleans I think it will be worth documenting, I am a little apprehensive at even finding many vegetarian offerings. But I shall not let that deter me. I will eat! I will drink! (Oh yes, and I will attend the conference which is the whole "reason" for going in the first place, of course...)

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Just wanted to stop by and tell you that I enjoy your recipes, I've bookmarked quite a few and am excited to get to them! Good luck in New Orleans - I found it was VERY difficult to find vegetarian foods - most offerings were of the eggplant variety and fried, gross.

Jen Treehugger said...

Happy New Year Lily. Sorry to hear you've been ill.
Hope you find your camera soon, I know only too well how lost a blogger feels without a camera.
And get better soon.
xx