Monday, July 13, 2009

Weird...

I made us a smoothie this morning, as usual, and when I tasted it my mouth said "chocolate!" and my brain said "huh?". B said the same thing when I asked him later; he had thought I'd made the a chocolaty smoothie I sometimes make for a treat. But I hadn't put a lick of chocolate in the thing! Weird. It does turn out light brown in color, so maybe you can fake out your kids :o)

The Unchocolate Fruity Smoothie


1 large banana, peeled
1 orange, peeled
1/2 lb baby spinach
12 oz frozen, pitted sweet cherries
1 tbsp almond butter
3-4 tbsp vanilla hemp protein powder (I used Trader Joe's)
1 tbsp bee pollen
8-16 oz water

Place banana, orange, and half of spinach into blender with 1/2 the water. Blend until spinach is just pulled down. Add remaining spinach and pulse again just until pulled down. Add remaining ingredients and run blender until smooth (I used the "whole juice" button on my Blendtec). Add remaining water to achieve your desired consistency, or if your blender needs some help.

Serves 2 as a meal or 4 as a snack.

1 comment:

Sheree' said...

I am so on a green smoothie kick right now. In Fact I think I will make it my daily habit. Now that is a good habit. I put cherries in my smoothie this week too!