Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekly Menu: Back on Track

It's been a busy couple of weeks. The week before last I just didn't get around to making a menu and I found that that small amount of time invested (1-2 hours for me but I take my time; if you have a fairly regular rotation of meals it would be a lot faster) saves me a lot of time during the week. Last week B was gone the whole week for work stuff and I was gone for most of it skiing with my dad so no real menu then either, although I did make a loose one for me so I would know what to take for dinners while Dad and I were away. Anyway, the point is that these past two weeks reinforced how much I like using a menu - it just appeals to my OCD tendencies and since I make it I don't feel like it stifles my creativity. I encourage you to try it. In these trying economic times we could all use less stress, plus using a menu actually saves you money.  

Here is this week's menu. I use the Shopping List to help keep track of staples and produce that I'm running low on, however none of it is necessary for us to eat this week. I am way behind on my to-do list (read: haven't completed anything I put on there previously) so I definitely need to make a dent in that this week. Check back tomorrow for my review of the SoyQuick and my soymilk recipe. Have a happy Monday!

No comments: